This instruction applies when you are logged in with your OS X / macOS computer to the HvA network.
- Download the OS X / macOS driver and save locally.
- Open System Preferences via the Apple menu () at the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click on [Printers & Scanners].
- Click on the plus-button (+) and then on [Add Printer or Scanner]. A new window opens:
- Ctrl-click on the menu bar of window below and select [Customize toolbar…].
- Drag and drop the Advanced button on your toolbar and click on [Done].
- Click on [Advanced].
- Select Type LPD/LPR Host or -printer and Device Another device.
- In the URL field type: lpd://HvA-ID@Canamswapp05.ps1.mycanonprint.nl/MacFollow-Me
Replace HvA-ID with your personal user name on the HvA network.
For example: lpd://[email protected]/MacFollow-Me
- In the Name field type Follow-Me and in the Location field type HvA.
- In the Use field select Other…, browse to the file that you have saved locally in step 1 and click on [Open].
- Click [Add], set the options as indicated below and click on [OK].
- Finally set the Follow-Me as your default printer.
Right-click on the print icon and choose 'Set as default printer'.
NOTE: You can now delete the locally saved OS X / macOS driver.
You are now ready to use the Follow-Me printer from your applications!